Diving with Dentures

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Problem would be if you lost the prosthetic due to it being pulled out with the reg for some reason

:)

Reminds me of a non-diving story...Several decades ago I was the manager of a banana plantation in Panama. Every dry season, we needed to make temporary dams along local creeks in order to provide pools from which to irrigate the bananas. On one occasion, I had an irrigation pump that had stopped because it had gotten clogged with aquatic weeds, so I assigned on of my elder workers to swim down and clear the weeds. Well not only did he get to the weeds, but while there he came face to face with a caiman [about 6 feet long] in the irrigation pool. In his excited state, he shouted out "Caiman" with such force that his dentures flew out of his mouth and into the water, never to be seen again.

We negotiated for three weeks with the union as to who was responsible for the replacement cost of the dentures. We settled on 60% worker / 40% company.

we back rolled off the boat together, he just took a little longer to come up, he spotted my dentures right away and it took a second to grab them

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom