Diving with B&B

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Al Mialkovsky

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
We went out with a group of friends from Oregon today. Some were experienced, others less so but it was a memorable experience for everyone. They all raved about the wonderful vis but honestly, it wasn't as good as I usually find it at Molokini.

But sharks, octopus, turtles and of course the popular garden eels in the sand.

I can't wait to get back on the boat tomorrow. If it's similar conditions as today we should be able to do the backwall.

Nice thing is a couple of divers were very very nervous but the excellent dive briefing and professional attitude of everyone set their minds at ease. I think B&B has turned more of my friends into scuba addicts.

When we got off the boat after two tanks, at 9:30 we had plenty of time to grab a couple of tanks at the shop and go do some shore diving. We did Makena and Ulua. The vis at Makena is still sketchy but Ulua is getting pretty darn good.

Oh and I saw someone driving a scuba bus that looked like a fugitive, wonder who that was????

B&B was enormously good to me when I did my first ever dive trip, and my 10th through 15th dives with them. They're a good outfit.

must have been nice to get to Ulua early. By noon, only second reef was *really* worth diving... :(

KrisB:
must have been nice to get to Ulua early. By noon, only second reef was *really* worth diving... :(
You've got to remember, for me, used to diving in water with 3 foot vis............

It's all good :)

No kidding. It's funny at times to hear Brad apologize for the "lousy" conditions when it's as good as we ever see.

Everyone on the boat with me over the 3 days we chartered it is from Oregon.

One lady today said that she almost broke out in tears at 75 feet while diving the backwall. Brad held her hand for several minutes until she got things under control. She's soooo hooked :)

I'm going out with them on Saturday am (pretty early for me! I go by doctors hours Dude!). Really looking forward to it though. Although, shoreline was pretty sweet today. Ulua really hooked us up with a nice Eagle Ray show, twice! Afternoon and Night! Got the pics and video too! (I can't seem to post thumbnails in my post for some reason, otherwise I'd share it)

Hey Al, when are you on their boat next? Friday? Please leave me a cake with a hacksaw in it! I think I'm gonna need it!!!

B&B Rocks...have you seen the picture of Charlie on their website? He's coool! Nice ride too!

Charlie has a pretty awesome hotrod to boot. He's taking it to the car show outside of Round Table Pizza saturday night. We'll be there.

Charlie even speaks well of you Doug?????

raviepoo:
Does B&B run a trip that includes both Molokini Crater and the back wall as well?
They don't usually do both dives out there unless the closer to shore dives are blown out. One thing to remember, no dive boat can ever totally guarantee that the backwall will be done. There are many factors to consider before a backwall dive can be done. If the swell is up or currents are horrible, it's then going to be a crater dive.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom