Diving watch - TAG heuer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Love my Tag, wear it every day (ladies, professional series, black face, stainless band).

I dive, however, in a Casio G Shock as it has a stopwatch and other functions that are useful for decompression.

HI

This thread was originally posted about two years old, so I'm not sure how many replies you'll get. In any case, since my past reply I bought myself a TAG and have worn it for on my dives as a backup in case I have trouble w me dive computer. My husband wears his too. We don't worry about loosing them while diving, and are pretty good about wearing our watches all the time while on holiday since we now travel with only one watch. TAGs are great f or travelling because they can be worn with just about anything, and don’t attract too much attention.

We bought ours in jewellery stores because that way you can really see and feel how each model is like on you. They come in different sizes and colours, and you should get the one that suits you best. Plus if you buy from a certified dealer you also know that you're getting the real watch vs. a possible knockoff, so your warranty will be valid anywhere in the world

Happy shopping

Sylvie
From the land of cheese and chocolate and watches.

I also dive my Tag for the last ~5 years. Too bad it is under repair-the rotating bezel
fell off while diving :) So, it is under repair for the last 2 months ...

As Cody says- Tag is a DIR watch (other than the Rolex Sea Dweller :))

That's my recommendation before moving to Rolex Submariner.
I prefer more gentle and consertive touch on the luxury item, not much fashion oriented.

So, if I choose any watches between Rolex and Cartier, it is always Rolex.

Just my 2 cent.

Vickie In Vegas:
I love my Omega Seamaster. I was torn between the Tag and the Omega, but got the Omega for my bithday from the husband.

If you really want to spoil yourself take a trip to St. Thomas for the duty free shopping and then take your new watch out diving. You'll find amazing prices and a great selection of luxury watches, oh and luxury dive watches as well. Visit AH Riise or walk down the "shopping street" and you can check out:
Audemars Piguet - The Royal Oak series for the classic BIG watch
Bvlgari - have a couple of dive watches
IWC aquatimer
Rolex (Submariner and Sea-Dweller)
TAG Heuer - 2000 series are nice
Omega - Bond, James Bond
Paneri- Also cool italian watches
Patek Philippe- yep the've got a $9500 scuba watch

Here's what Forbes recommends as the "best' dive watch
http://www.forbes.com/2004/06/21/cx_ns_0621feat_print.html

Oh and there's lots lots more.

Just be sure to tip the dive staff nicely with that $$$ piece on your wrist.

Chris

hmm, in the books, james bond had a rolex. i remember something about oyster perpetual, but i don't think that's a style - more of a descriptor of the whole line. is that correct, anyone? i'm sure about the book part, but don't take anything about watches from someone who wears a cheapie casio diving!

I never understood why someone would take an expensive watch (such as a Rolex) diving. WHen an Ironman or G-shock offer more features for about 30-55$.

If it was damaged for some strange reason no biggie.

You know, it is like a Jewelry....

You can go to work with Dodge neon. There is no problem with that. But, your boss might bring BMW to his office.

WaterDawg:
I never understood why someone would take an expensive watch (such as a Rolex) diving. WHen an Ironman or G-shock offer more features for about 30-55$.

If it was damaged for some strange reason no biggie.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom