Diving UAE

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Paladin

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Well, the time has finally arrived. We are packing our stuff into my oldest son's Blazer for the trip to the airport. At 6:20 PM, it's wheels up for Dubai, UAE. My youngest son and I are booked to dive with Divers Down in Fujairah on the East Coast of UAE. I'll post an after dive report later.

Paladin
That's my favorite in the UAE ,make sure you tell Paul and Karin I said hi.

Cheers

Paladin
That's my favorite in the UAE ,make sure you tell Paul and Karin I said hi.

Cheers

Will do!

Have a great time, lots of great sites there, I really liked Inchcape 1 and 2 among others.

Inch 1, Inch 2, & Inch 10 are sites worth going to, as is Martini Rock.

Car Cemetary doesn't do much for me, Dibba Rock, 3 Rocks and Sharm Rocks can also be decent dives

So, We made it over to Divers Down in Fujairah and had an enjoyable dive at Three Rocks behind Snoopy Island. It was a nice, easy dive for my son's first salt water dive and an educational reintroduction for me (I did a few shore dives decades ago but nothing for many years). We tried to guess at how much lead we would need to add to our fresh water weight and over estimated, making us too heavy. John, our guide, quickly solved that little problem and the rest of our dive proceeded with noticeably more comfort.

Many thanks to a great crew of people who greeted us with smiles and enthusiasm.

I hope to have a chance to go back before we return to the States but, if that isn't in the cards, we will o home with some good memories and the intention of returning to dive with DD again someday.

Many thanks to Searcaigh for his help in arranging our dive and an enjoyable return trip to Dubai. He is a likable, friendly guy and I enjoyed our conversation immensely.

If any of you SB members ever find yourselves in the UAE, get your butts over to the West Coast and dive with a terrific bunch of people who obviously love to dive and are eager to share that love with others.

There was one incident that darkened the day. Our uide was originally supposed to be Matt but, on the way to the boat, he fell and hurt his ankle and was unable to dive. That's when John stepped up to go out with us. I hope Matt is doing better by now.

So, many thanks to the crew at Divers Down for an enjoyable and memorable day.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom