Diving this weekend.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Great thanks! Sorry to slightly derail the thread, but I figured I would ask while it was the topic of conversation...

shhh.

images

Just dont go around spreading the news too much. When Porteau is overcrowded and you can't find a single parking space, you can always count on plenty of free parking space and solitude at Furry Creek. Easy entry, a very nice wall dive and a good "archealogical" bottle depot on your way back in. We don't want the hordes of plebeians overcrowding this one as well. :D

So it was a great dive day. Because of bighiller, Turbo Sab and I decided to meet at 11am in Kelvin instead of 10, as Skookumchuk had originally planned for Furry Cr. At 10 am I'm about to jump in my car and drive out to Kelvin when my phone rings. It's Skookumchuck asking if I have a spare 32 lb weight belt I could bring with me. He'd forgotten his son's weight belt. I take an extra belt with me and by the time I get to Kelvin, Skookumchuk, Vince and Clayton are already half geared up. Shortly thereafter, Turbo Sab arrives. We gear up and go in the water. Vis was more than 50' -- pretty nice. All throughout the dive I was changing regulators back and forth, testing the one that had the recent work done to it. It performed great. Overall, very nice dive.

All images below are screen captures of Turbo Sab's video taken with her GoPro head cam. There was no light assembly and all the light she was carrying was a UK C8 eLED. The cam looks very unassuming, but I was very surprised with the images that came out of it.

Picture51.jpg

Picture41.jpg

Picture61.jpg

Skookumchuk and Clayton on their way back in as we were heading out.

Picture91.jpg

Salinity was ok. Just checkin. Oh, wait... is this the place that has a big sign at the entry point... the one that had that very aromatic construction project going on recently... May be I should find an alternative method to check salinity.

Picture151.jpg

I tried out a cheap globe compass attached to my watch wristband. Worked flawlessly and there was no need to worry about keeping it level to get a reading.

Picture171.jpg

I wonder if my most local LDS will allow me to get 32% with these markings... They said they wouldn't back when I only had the "G" sticker...

Picture161.jpg

Safety stop and about to fall asleep... This is soooo relaxing.

More images here: ScubaBoard Gallery - Kelvin Grove Dec 2010

Back
Top Bottom