Diving the X- Vertical Wreck inThailand

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TigerShark,
I was planning on running a trip to the wreck the second week in January. If it looks like I can get enough people I will then go ahead and book the boat. I will know better in a few days after I call a few friends. The wrecks bottom is about 42 meters and the top is about 30 meters. I believe alot of the divers will be technical divers and some students doing a technical wreck course. Boat will probable leave early on a Saturday morning and return that evening. We will probable do two dives on the wreck. I will have more details like where the boat is leaving from, costs and such in a few days. When I know more I will post the information.

Bruce

That sounds exciting man, unfortunately i'm not a tech diver.

Enjoy yourself man !!

RSdiver...

The XVW, or "former" Vertical Wreck, is a 60 m. long LPG Carrier which sank in 1996. Originally built as the Japanese Koho Maru 5, it was under Thai-ownership and named the "Pak 1" when it sank. Presumably due to its gaseous cargo, it sank in a vertical position, bow up, stern down. As it became a maritime hazard for other vessels, the Royal Thai Navy underwater demolition team put her down horizontally at 40+ metres.

I read the page with the link - and found something I did not know:

"Further offshore, the island Ko Rin probably offers Pattaya's best diving. The underwater profile is more interesting here compared with other places and water clarity can be excellent, sometimes exceeding 25 meters. Rocky canyons form swim-throughs"

I have never seen a swim through at Koh Rin - I must keep my old eyes open a little more - anybody know where it is???

I detract from the main subject - for information on Pattaya I would recommend the local dive outfit's pages - they have a wealth of knowledge and expertise:

http://www.neptunedive.com/start.html

rsdiver
What and where is Bremen?
I have only heard about Hardeep, Pak I and King Cruiser. But then I am new to wreck dive, not actually like it, but curious.
Thanks

Sawadee Scuba734, perhaps I may help ? the Petchbury Bremen Wreck is about 30km. from Pattaya, in the channel between Koh Khram Yai and Sattahip. It's a 60m. steel freighter that sank in the 1930's. It lies upright at a depth of about 24 m. I haven't had the opportunity to dive it yet, but I hear it can be plagued by strong currents and poor viz.

I hope this helps.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom