Info Diving the wreck of Inchcape-1 in UAE last weekend. Great footage from the GoPro despite poor viz - 4K video over and inside the wreck

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks very much, its true, this Is not Dubai, a couple hours drive away but most know Dubai rather than Fujairah 😊

Thanks very much, its true, this Is not Dubai, a couple hours drive away but most know Dubai rather than Fujairah 😊
Do you live in the UAE or were there just for a visit?

Flew in for a visit, a friend living nearby so spent a couple days diving. I have to say, diving there is ok but I wouldnt travel there again solely for the purpose of diving. I hear that crossing over the boarder into Oman has some great diving to offer. I’m not sure what it’s like on the other coastline on the Dubai side.

Flew in for a visit, a friend living nearby so spent a couple days diving. I have to say, diving there is ok but I wouldnt travel there again solely for the purpose of diving. I hear that crossing over the boarder into Oman has some great diving to offer. I’m not sure what it’s like on the other coastline on the Dubai side.
I think we did not get the best visibility during our visit which doesn’t help

other coastline on the Dubai

Less interesting than on the east coast, many wrecks but bad vis.

I think we did not get the best visibility during our visit which doesn’t help
That is typical.

I have to say, diving there is ok but I wouldnt travel there again solely for the purpose of diving.
No, I wouldn't but if you happen to be there and/or live there, it is good.

I hear that crossing over the boarder into Oman has some great diving to offer.
Yes, it does but you have to drive for long distance and go through the border crossing. It wasn't a pleasant experience when I was living there seveal years ago.

Back
Top Bottom