Diving the Pacific Coast of Nicaragua and advice on Central America trip

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

annlaur

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi all

I'm starting to plan a 1 month-trip to Central America this december.

I want to spend at least a week in San Juan del Sur on the Pacific Coast of Nicaragua (looking for land to buy there). Is there was any diving in the area ?

If you have dove there, thanks for giving me your feedback.
I'm still a newby (about 50 dives, all in warmish, quiet waters with good vis).

I would like to spend the rest of my trip diving and relaxing in a laid-back area.
I'm thinking of going to Bocas del Toro (Panama), Utila, Roatan (Honduras), Caye Caulker (Belize) and/or Cozumel (Mexico). Unfortunately won't have time to do it all in 4 weeks. Any advice on the itinerary ? I'm used to the chicken bus and don't mind roughing it, but with only a month I'd rather use the fastest means of transportation.

Also wondering about El Salvador. Never been there. Any nice diving to be had ?

Thanks in advance for the help.

Last edited:
If you are on Facebook, there are a number of dive operators that belong to a group that gives discounts to divers travelling through Central America. They are all quality operators and they can also provide great info to help make your travel planning easier. In the facebook search area, type in: TrekCATS. Their web site is not up and running yet, so Facebook is the best way to find out about the diving/discounts.

Thank you cappyjon

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom