Trip Report Diving the Dampier Strait in Raja Ampat, Indonesia in November 2022 - 4K HDR Video

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Laval

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
After almost three years, we were back to Raja Ampat, Indonesia, diving the Dampier Strait. After a 10-day scuba diving trip from Ambon through the Banda Sea, Seram Sea and the Misool, we disembarked in Waisai, where we stayed at Meridian Adventure Scuba Dive Resort for six days in November 2022. From the resort we had an opportunity to dive the Dampier Strait, which never disappoints. Please see it by yourself:

Woot. Awesome video thanks for sharing. How was the dive operation would you recommend?

After almost three years, we were back to Raja Ampat, Indonesia, diving the Dampier Strait. After a 10-day scuba diving trip from Ambon through the Banda Sea, Seram Sea and the Misool, we disembarked in Waisai, where we stayed at Meridian Adventure Scuba Dive Resort for six days in November 2022. From the resort we had an opportunity to dive the Dampier Strait, which never disappoints. Please see it by yourself:
Very nice video! What's the critter at 3:39?

Very nice,

I am going to Raja for the first time in March, your video makes me even more excited.
What kind of camera gear were you using?

Woot. Awesome video thanks for sharing. How was the dive operation would you recommend?
In summary, I would recommend this resort if your liveaboard starts from or ends at Waisai. You may choose to spend a few days at this resort before or after your trip, but not as a dive destination to spend your vacation at. I just posted by brief report about this resort: Trip Report - RAJA AMPAT: MERIDIAN ADVENTURE SCUBA DIVING RESORT

Very nice,

I am going to Raja for the first time in March, your video makes me even more excited.
What kind of camera gear were you using?
Thank you for your comment. Underwater Video Equipment used: Camera: Sony camcorder PXW Z90 Housing: Gates AX700 / Z90 with Gates GP34A Wide Angle Port and internal UR Pro Red Filter Video Lights: Keldan Video 8X 11000 Lumen, CRI 92 (5400K) Keldan Ambient Filter M1 (10-20m) for 4X/8X Camera Settings: 4K, 30 FPS Picture Profile: PP10 (HLG) Gamma: HLG2 Color Mode: BT2020

@Laval Travel question for you. did you have to use the PeduliLindungi app to upload any vaccine information? If so, did anyone check the app upon your arrival?

@Laval Travel question for you. did you have to use the PeduliLindungi app to upload any vaccine information? If so, did anyone check the app upon your arrival?

PeduliLindungi app was the first thing that they checked upon our arrival to Jakarta (from Tokyo). For local flights they have not checked it for us.

Back
Top Bottom