Diving the Comal.... 9/15 or 19/16

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Anyone need a dive buddy for the Comal river?? for 9/15 or 19/16.. I will be in town from Plano would like to check it out.... Im open other dive spots also... Let me know... :)

i was wondering if they have gotten any rain over there, and if not, what the conditions of the river are??? i would like to dive it as well........before cool weather!!

Comal is still low but flowing, we have had a little rain this week but not enough to make any difference to the lakes and rivers. Last I heard the visibility in Canon lake is 10-15'ish down to 40 feet. then opens up again below 60'.

We dove the Comal the last weekend of August. Depths ranged from 5ft to 12ft. Viz was probably 8-10 feet. Lots of swimmers and tubers to deal with. We got there early on Sunday AM and had it pretty much to ourselves for a while.

They had the road to Hinman (sp?) park closed, so we had to park in the adjacent parking lot (next to the tennis courts) and walk the gear over. It was a hike for sure, but worth it to us. We walked to the last staircase, then swam up from there. The kiddos got tired around the train trestle and we started our dives from there. Lots of fun.

You would probably be fine with that, the year round is around 72 degrees but with the low flow the sun is heating the water up nicely. If you're cold natured do the full. I dove the Comal New Years Day in a 3mm. I think the air temp and water was about the same that day. I would suggest doing just the Hinnman Island area it will be the deepest and easier since you're solo.

Sweet, Thanks for the info. Do you know of a online make of the Comal?... That would be handy ... If not I will hunt one down in town.... Thanks again!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom