Diving Texoma, Sunday 10/12

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

YellowfinKunkfish

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Kunk35 and I are planning on diving Texoma this Sunday. Same place as before, Eisenhower park, swim beach. Anyone that wants to join us, is welcome. Vis can't be any worse than anywhere else right now! We'll probably do a dive, eat somewhere for a surface interval, and then go back and do another dive. I don't know what time yet for sure, but 9:00 or 9:30 sounds like something to shoot for.

Rhonda:D

.....wusses.....:mooner:

:D

Vis can't be any worse than anywhere else right now! We'll probably do a dive, eat somewhere for a surface interval, and then go back and do another dive. Rhonda:D

Why don't the dive mag's ever publish about such devotion?

DIMWIT Swamper's rock! :cool2:

I don't know what time yet for sure, but 9:00 or 9:30 sounds like something to shoot for.

Better bring a book in case she gets lost...and doesnt show until after 10. :kiss2:

I have out of town company - the girls are coming from Austin so we can hit the Fair. Hope it doesnt rain. Have fun for me.

Better bring a book in case she gets lost...and doesnt show until after 10. :kiss2:

Kunk35 is driving!:lotsalove:

Have fun at the fair!
Rhonda:D

Vis can't be much worse than Hell's Gate (Possum Kingdom) last weekend. My partner and I were tethered while we searched for "treasure". Hey, we did locate 16 pairs of sunglasses (including Raybans and Oakleys!), four anchors, and a cell phone (bet that made someone a happy camper). Wish I could make it to Texoma...would like seeing ya'll. Alas, I don't have an open weekend until the 20th. By the way, have you looked for fossils in the walls at Texoma? There are some pretty big ammonites at certain locations. Just a thought.
Ya'll have fun!

I was planning to go to CSSP Sunday but I was waiting to see what the weather will be like. Some are calling for rain this weekend. If the weather is OK I would love to go to Texhoma instead, I haven't been there yet.
I will PM you with my number and you can call me Friday or Saturday. I will definately know for sure if I will go by then.

Guba, would there be any around the corner from the swim beach, along that wall? If not, then where? That would be something really cool to look for.

ftwdiver14, would love to have you join us! Let us know.

Rhonda

Rhonda, the really big ammonites I remember seeing at Texoma were around Paw Paw Creek, but there are probably others scattered all over the area. Smaller fossils (such as Exogyra texanus) are all along the backbacking trail around Juniper point and Eagle's Roost, so pretty much the whole lake would be worth searching out, particularly along steep walls. Just an idea to help make those low vis dives interesting (as if they weren't already, right?).
Have fun!

What about diving from the parking lot at the dam ??

I mean,, the water is closer to the parking area then at ESP right ?
Beside we have not ever tried it before.
We may even get sucked into the Generating Turbines !! :D
Holy Crap what a ride that would be !!!

Of course , we could respond to that invitation and dive from a private boat house :wink:

so many dives ... so little time......:shakehead:

Oh Yea...... FYI ... the really big Ammonites are already at my house ..........Lots of them !

Back
Top Bottom