Diving Sunn Odessy Bahamas

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

starfishtat

Registered
Reaction score
We just got back from a dive trip to the Bahamas. We used Sunn Odyssey dive operators. Karen and Nick were nice enough but appear to be very unreliable. We had very few nice days and they cancelled an entire day of diving because Nick (the boat captain/dive master/owner) didn't show up and his wife (Karen) said she didn't know where he was.

starfishtat:
We just got back from a dive trip to the Bahamas. We used Sunn Odyssey dive operators. Karen and Nick were nice enough but appear to be very unreliable. We had very few nice days and they cancelled an entire day of diving because Nick (the boat captain/dive master/owner) didn't show up and his wife (Karen) said she didn't know where he was.

Sorry you had the problems. My wife and I used Sunn Odyssey a few years ago and found them to be extremely reliable. Some days it was only my wife and I diving, and we still went out. As such, I've kept in email contact with Karen and am planning another visit in the next year. Out of curiosity, Did you prepay as part of a package and they cancelled one of your days? Did they ablsolutely know that you were planning on diving with them on the day in Question? What do you mean "We had very few nice days?" What was their response to your complaint. :42: Ken

Sorry to hear that things didn't work out.

Next time try Grand Bahama Scuba

Very reliable, very safe, very fun!!:D The only days we miss out on diving are when it's to rough to go out. To rough is a relative term. There are times we were the only boat out there!! But safety always comes first!! The boat goes out whether theres 10 divers or only 2.

We did not prepay and they were absolutely sure we were diving because we lost a few days due to bad weather. I just find it amazing that wife/husband owners did not know where the other was, it's not a big island.

starfishtat:
We did not prepay and they were absolutely sure we were diving because we lost a few days due to bad weather. I just find it amazing that wife/husband owners did not know where the other was, it's not a big island.

I'm not defending Sunn Odyssey's actions, but I've certainly had days when I've left the cell phone on the counter and my wife has no clue where I am. That being said, What was the Sunn Odyssey's response? Did you dive the next day? We all have to deal with the poor weather when diving, and there are days when its just not going to happen. Sorry some of those days fell on your trip. :42: Ken

They had to cancel my first trip with them at the last minute, boat problem -- part took a couple of days. Luckilly, I happened upon Grand Bahama Scuba and was able to dive all week. Best dive op I have ever been with.

We didn't pre-pay. But they did know we were planning on diving the final friday we were in the Bahamas. Two of the days were cancelled because of rough weather, which we totally understand. It was the last day of diving when I would have been the only person on the boat that they cancelled again. Karen even picked me up and took me to the shop...only revealing there would be no diving that day AFTER we got to the dive shop.

starfishtat:
We didn't pre-pay. But they did know we were planning on diving the final friday we were in the Bahamas. Two of the days were cancelled because of rough weather, which we totally understand. It was the last day of diving when I would have been the only person on the boat that they cancelled again. Karen even picked me up and took me to the shop...only revealing there would be no diving that day AFTER we got to the dive shop.

I can certainly understand your frustration. I wish you fair weather, light winds, and prompt service on your next trip. Dr. Ken :42:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom