Diving St. Lucia

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

manni-yunk: A little off topic from OP but you mentioned Sandals Antigua in December and I was considering booking an Antigua trip for next year. Please PM me some details when you can or send me a link to your review if you post one.

dyandiver & EFB: St. Lucia was gorgeous and Diving was the icing on the cake ! But we weren't in St. Lucia specifically FOR diving. We did have fun !

I dove with an op called Dive Fair Helen (similar?) in Marigot Bay. The sites were interesting, pinnacles that were submerged and had quite a variety of life. Very good insofar as the Antilles go, but nothing like the ABCs or Coz. One of the things that strikes my memory is that it's not the easiest island to drive around as it takes a while to get from place to place, so if you're going to dive, make sure that there's an op nearby. For us, we were staying in Rodney Bay and had about an hour drive to Marigot for the boat.

manni-yunk: A little off topic from OP but you mentioned Sandals Antigua in December and I was considering booking an Antigua trip for next year. Please PM me some details when you can or send me a link to your review if you post one.

dyandiver & EFB: St. Lucia was gorgeous and Diving was the icing on the cake ! But we weren't in St. Lucia specifically FOR diving. We did have fun !

No Problem - when we get back we usually write a few online reviews - I will forward you a link and I will likely video some of the diving!

Like your St Lucia trip - its not a DIVE TRIP for us - its just a vacation where we will do a few dives.

Anyone had any experience diving St. Lucia? I was told by a friend that it's good, but I know nothing about the place. Any suggestions on where to stay, dive shops, sites?
I'd be looking for something comfortable but not luxurious - something affordable for the average Joe. We're not into night life (hubby and me - in the 50+ group) but enjoy being near a town with restaurants and shops to browse. Pretty much we dive and read and rest and eat. My kind of vacation!

Thanks for any input.

Happy 4th (if you're from the states.)
Have you gone yet? Where did you stay/dive?

My wife and I are going to Sandals Grande in mid Nov to celebrate our 25th. We weren't intending on diving when we made the reservations, but since then we got certified and now intend to dive as much as possible, but it's still a vacation where we're also going to be diving as opposed to a strict dive trip. I'll start a post when I get back, but since the report will be through the eyes of a first-timer (it'll be our first dive post-certification and first salt water dive to boot), not sure how useful you'd find it.

We just came back from two weeks at the Sandals Grande St Lucia. We did 20 dives in a 2 week span and found the dive sites near the Pitons to be very good. We have dove Caymans, Bahamas, Hawaii and fond the Piton area dives to be comparable to the Cayman dives. Supermans Flight and Fairyland were very good. I would not be bashful about a trip to St. Lucia. We found all the people on the island to be very gracious and welcoming. You should enjoy yourself.

My wife and I have head a lot of good about the diving there. I got a qoute from my dive travel agent and it beats the advertised price for the Anse Chastanet Resort, including airfare and transports. PM me if you want to know who I use for dive trips. Have always got the best price for me, It may be due to our being on the East coast of the USA.

Hi Diver Rider, we hope you will book and come and stay with us at Anse Chastanet and dive with Scuba St.Lucia ! On our website Scuba St. Lucia - The best scuba diving and snorkeling in the Caribbean!, we have a section with dive deals, special packages designed for our visiting divers. We work closely with a number of dive tour operators, all of which have sent us business for many years, knowing that their clients will be in good hands.
Regards from St.Lucia from
Karolin Troubetzkoy

I hope this link is helpful on bringing some insight into the diving in st lucia. Of course, any feedback about how to make these better is appriciated.

youtube.com/virtualdivereport

Have you gone yet? Where did you stay/dive?

My wife and I are going to Sandals Grande in mid Nov to celebrate our 25th. We weren't intending on diving when we made the reservations, but since then we got certified and now intend to dive as much as possible, but it's still a vacation where we're also going to be diving as opposed to a strict dive trip. I'll start a post when I get back, but since the report will be through the eyes of a first-timer (it'll be our first dive post-certification and first salt water dive to boot), not sure how useful you'd find it.

we will be at the gande nov27-dec 4 will be diving every day if we can what dates will you be there

Back
Top Bottom