Diving SA in July

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tigerkai

Registered
Reaction score
I'm planning to go to SA in beginning of July next year and I'd be really interested in hearing from people with experience in shark diving around there. I have a total of 18 days for the trip. A couple of questions:

1. Which operator would you recommend for a comprehensive "shark dive" package(anyone tried diving with Dive The Big 5)
2. Which specific dive sites and areas should I visit?
3. How's the season at that time - what should I expect to see and go specifically after?

Just got back (yesterday) from Aliwal and Sodwana and saw a few Raggie and Zambezi despite it being the off season for them. While I didn't book 'shark' dives, I found that Reynette @ Dive South was very helpful and put together a nice package for me. There is more to see in the water than sharks. Since you are going to be there in July and for a long period of time, you may be able to wait out the sardine run. The pictures I have seen of this are some of the most amazing UW shots I've ever laid eyes on.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom