Diving out of Sarasota

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SaltyKSue

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I have reservations to dive with Scuba Quest on Sept 21st out of Sarasota and was hoping to go diving with Rampage out of West Palm on the 20th. After reading other threads it sounds like the Rampage is out of business for now, which I'm very sorry to hear about, not for myself, but for their loss and for all divers who received great service from this company.
My questions are- is the area so churned up that I wont be able to see anything? Will it be a waste of time and money to even try to go diving at that point? Should we keep our reservations with Scuba Quest? We are staying in Kissimmee-are there any other places not too far away from there that we could go diving? Will diving off the west side be any better than the east?
I relise that alot depends on what Ivan is going to do, but any suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks

karensueae:
I have reservations to dive with Scuba Quest on Sept 21st out of Sarasota and was hoping to go diving with Rampage out of West Palm on the 20th. After reading other threads it sounds like the Rampage is out of business for now, which I'm very sorry to hear about, not for myself, but for their loss and for all divers who received great service from this company.
My questions are- is the area so churned up that I wont be able to see anything? Will it be a waste of time and money to even try to go diving at that point? Should we keep our reservations with Scuba Quest? We are staying in Kissimmee-are there any other places not too far away from there that we could go diving? Will diving off the west side be any better than the east?
I relise that alot depends on what Ivan is going to do, but any suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks

I live on the west coast, in Bradenton / Sarasota. There will not be any good diving in the Gulf for a LONG time.

I would pick someplace else.

Curt Bowen:
I live on the west coast, in Bradenton / Sarasota. There will not be any good diving in the Gulf for a LONG time.

I would pick someplace else.

I'll have to concur with Curt on this.. the east coast will clear a lot faster than the Gulf will, and for the Gulf to clear up reasonable (for other than fossiling) you'd need at least 10 days or so for it to settle down and get that incredible clear that you can't compare to anywhere else :D

CBulla:
I'll have to concur with Curt on this.. the east coast will clear a lot faster than the Gulf will, and for the Gulf to clear up reasonable (for other than fossiling) you'd need at least 10 days or so for it to settle down and get that incredible clear that you can't compare to anywhere else :D
Is the water any better ? I am coming down over thanks giving wanted to get one in at least, come on it was 50 in the water this morning and viz was about 10 ft max.
Any advice would be good, Thanks
Mark

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom