Diving on the Big, week after Christmas- looking to buddy up

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JPENDERGRAST

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi everyone,

I'll be in Kona the 25th-31st and was wondering if anyone on here would be interested in being a dive buddy for a few shore dives.

I have the Manta Ray night dive one afternoon and planning on booking another boat dive at some point but was looking for someone who might be kind enough to show me a few shore dives. I like to spearfish, but don't have to if you're not comfortable with that.

PM me if you'd be interested- I'm open to just about any mornings from early up until afternoon.

:sad: No takers? I'd pay for air / Nitrox fills and even buy lunch!

We usually go to Kona at that time, but are heading to Maui this year, otherwise, I'd be in.

For shore dives, be sure to do the Place of Refuge. Aside from being a great dive/snorkel spot, the dolphins come into the bay to rest after hunting all night and they hang out in the bay for the day.

In general, there's not a ton of shore dives on the BI. We mainly did boat dives as you have many more sites to choose from. If you do a charter or two, ask about diving Suck-em-up. It's a blast.

The past two years, we dived with Kona Honu Divers. John and John are really nice guys and the staff are are friendly. They also give great pre-dive briefings. They also do manta night dives. :thumbs_up:

Have fun.

I might be down for a morning or two in there. Puako side usually.
I know I'm working a lot through the holidays (your all coming here!) and won't have that schedule until next week.
I'll let ya know.

JPENDERGRAST was kind enough to get up early this morning and drive north from Kona to dive with me and the rest of the Puako crew. He braved the long swimout, the surge and the murky waters. It wasn't the finest day along Puako Beach Drive. It has been better surfing weather of late.

I totally missed the eagle ray and the spinner dolphins somehow. I guess my dive buddy and I were too busy looking at the small stuff.

My camera battery was dead before I started but maybe John will post some of his photos here when he can.

It was fun diving with you dude. If I don't see you before you leave safe travels and happy new year!

-Eric

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom