Diving on Monday 5/15?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SuPrBuGmAn

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Anyone have the day off and want to hit the springs(Morrison)? I'll be working in the area and can bring gear...

That date is supposed to read the 15th. Stupid typo! Working in Freeport, got a single template job, should be done by 12-1PM. Destin's High Tide looks to be around Noon, probably couldn't make it there in time to dive without a current...

Morrison may be the best option.

SuPrBuGmAn:
That date is supposed to read the 15th. Stupid typo! Working in Freeport, got a single template job, should be done by 12-1PM. Destin's High Tide looks to be around Noon, probably couldn't make it there in time to dive without a current...

Morrison may be the best option.

Of course, MDB and I are available. Morrison is good, we would never say no to that dive.

photohikedive:
Of course, MDB and I are available. Morrison is good, we would never say no to that dive.

LOL, before you say that, I gotta warn you that Morrison is probably quite flooded and tannic at the moment. The cavern will be clear though.

You guys ok with a(or a couple) of safe cavern dives? IMO comparable to the "OW safe" cavern at Ginnie Springs. It is an overhead, so its nothing you want to try without being comfortable in your gear. The bottom doesn't silt, there is no going cave, the entrance is visibile from anywhere within the cavern, ect. We'd be diving on thirds and lights.

SuPrBuGmAn:
LOL, before you say that, I gotta warn you that Morrison is probably quite flooded and tannic at the moment. The cavern will be clear though.

You guys ok with a(or a couple) of safe cavern dives? IMO comparable to the "OW safe" cavern at Ginnie Springs. It is an overhead, so its nothing you want to try without being comfortable in your gear. The bottom doesn't silt, there is no going cave, the entrance is visibile from anywhere within the cavern, ect. We'd be diving on thirds and lights.

Sounds good to me. MDB is anti overhead. I was told that I could go in, but that MDB would sit things out at the surface. Hopefully by the time you are ready to dive, we will both be square with the law as far as fishing goes. Casting from shore should keep MDB out of trouble.

Being as it'll be a weekday and the spring will be flooded. There won't be other divers to worry about hooking. She'll need a freshwater FL fishing liscense, can purchase at the local WalMart. The only other people that might be out there are local fisherman launching boats.

How many dives would you like to make?

Anywho, sounds like a plan! :) I'll shoot you a PM with my phone #. Like I said, I'll be in Freeport to measure for some countertops. Depending on jobsite, I may be earlier or later - I can call you with some notice before you guys head out so you don't have to wait on me. Just need to know how much notice you might need.

Preemptive thanks for the dive(s)! :D

Sounds good
icon14.gif

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom