diving on Little Cayman...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Phil

Reaction score
# of dives
Curious.....

Those of you who have stayed at the Little Cayman Beach Resort I was curious if you have to lug your gear down to the boat each day, or ....if you are staying for a week or 10 days, will we be able to strap your BC's on a tank and just have it refilled each dive????

Is ten days going to be enough to really see the good dive sights? Do the boats always go to the same sights each week or do they vary???

Are there more than one dive boat????? and if so....Is one dive boat better than any other?????....

It's our first trip there, on this Thursday, and we were curious about the rooms and location to the central gathering area. We have a pool side room, and prefer quiet evenings. Is there one area better for less noice than another???

Any other helpful tips would be deeply appreciated....

Phil

They take care of BCs and regs, leave on the boat and they rinse each day and have them set up for you. Weights stay on boat too. You take masks/fins/suits/misc off, there's a drying shed right at the dock to stash and hang stuff. So you just grab your bag and a dry suit on the way back to the boat. There's 3 basically identical boats. You tend to stay on the same boat with the same group most of the time, but they might move you if they only run one boat like for a night dive, or whatever. If they do your gear will reappear on the correct boat set up for you. Feels a little like a land based liveaboard, if that makes any sense.

I think 10 days is about right. 1 week, you probably won't be wanting to leave just yet. I don't recall how much they vary sites from week to week, but they take requests and will make an effort to not repeat stuff that some people have already been too. But repeating most of the sites there is not a bad thing anyway.

The place is not that big, all the rooms are close to everything. Always seemed quiet to me at night. We usually stay in the oceanfront rooms which are a bit more away from the pool&bar, but the one time we did a pool room it was quiet. I think I read something recently about a noisy kareoke night but haven't experienced that and don't know the deal there.

I suggest keeping your mask in a mask box in the drying shed. On one trip we had problems with silicone loving little critters munching on things. (They acquired a cat that very week to take care of the problem. Heard the cat was not fond of the boat trip :)

You are going to love it. I could dive the same sight for a week and not get bored of Bloody Bay Wall!!!

Back
Top Bottom