diving off placencia, belize

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gnarlysb

Registered
Reaction score
Hi guys

I am going to Placencia for the weekend and was wondering if anybody knew where the dive ops go from there? Is it worth it - I have dove Lighthouse and Turneffe already.

Also, is it too early to see the whale sharks??

Tim

Hi Tim
I have a friend who is opening a dive resort in Placencia anyday now if he hasn't already opened. His resort has a small dive op. He commutes from Jacksonville, FL spending half his time in Placencia. His name is Alan Stamm 904-294-8384. I know he is always looking for a dive buddy so give him a call. Tell him I sent you.

Was there three years ago - it was quite a boat ride out to the reef. An hour or so as I recall. Nice reef/wall with canyons saw a very large loggerhead (think small volkswagon). Lighthouse and Turneffe are a bit different with sand coral heads and then a wall with sand chutes. This was more like Ambergrise with coral canyons out to the wall.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom