Diving next weekend (March 12/13)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That was a bit of fun! Thanks Dennis, Todd, Hunter and Kerry for the company.

This weekend was a strange one for odd fish encounters. At Porteau Hunter and I watched two lingcod in action taking a Buffalo Sculpin while swimming - I never knew they could move so fast (or had such big mouths).

At Edmonds with Stuart (somehow took a wrong turn on the way to Tuwanek) I was charged by a Cabazone and actually had to box with it. My flashlight died earlier so I had nothing to ward off the beggar as it swam right at my face and I was forced to give it an underwater upper cut. It wheeled back for round two and I delivered a good left hook (if I do say so myself) that finally sent it on its way. And no, I didn't go looking for trouble. I was mindin my own business at the time.

Dale,

You've won your first underwater cage match, so let's plan your next fight. I saw a nice sized Ling Cod at Porteau that I think might be more in your weight class...

As your manager, I will take only 10% of the weird crap you find littering the ocean floor...including but not limited to: dive machetes (I think that the dive knife I saw you clean up is long enough to count as a machete); masks; and lead. If it will help, I will even put some mousse in my hair and comb it straight up, Don King style.

I gotta think about that one. 10% hummm.... I believe I would owe you about a dozen inflatable raft oars by now (but only if you put a moose in your hair and make it stand straight up). That I gotta see.

Speaking of cage matches. The perfect scenario presented itself at Edmonds yesterday. There was a sunk cabin cruiser that Stuart and I were checking out and it had a couple of huge lings laying in the deckwell. As we tried to look inside there was a Cabazone sitting above the entryway with a menacing look on his face and then two or three more huger lings swam out of the cabin portion. There had top be at least 20' of fish in that boat. Now, send a diver (Stuart) inside there and block off the entrance for awhile and we could sell tickets to watch through the windows!

Revid Abucs and I were at Whytecliff yesterday and yes - high winds and chop near the cut but a great dive. The seal must have come within 8 feet of us. A bit chilly though - I saw a low of 4C at bottom.

Back
Top Bottom