diving near san antonio, tx

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Martin Myers

Reaction score
can anybody tell me what diving is available within a hour of San Antonio, Tx. I know there is the comal and san marcos rivers (both shallow and cold). what else?? and is there any diving facilities at any of these places??

I think Canyon Lake is within a 45min drive or so. I've only been there once and don't remember exactly.

if you're on the wrong side from where you're going..

but the list you have looks pretty good as you head to the north. [all mileage #'s following are guesses formed from Austin-SA minus Austin to site]

Canyon Lake - ~20 miles out - Lake Diveing - 5-15 ft. vis, low 80's

Comal River - ~ 30 miles our - shallow, cool river [70's] -- tubers to dodge

San Marcos River - ~40miles out, similar to Comal
Aquarena Springs - source of the San Marcos, 72 degrees, 30-50 ft vis - BUT -you need both permission & qualification to dive. Nice facility for changing etc.. - "The" SCUAB shop is local LDS, 10 minutes away

Travis Lake - ~70 miles out - Lake diving - 10-20 ft. vis, low 80's, 2 SCUBA parks, lots of LDS's 10-30 minutes away

Hopefully some SA folks can correct my milages and/or opinions - - and tell us all if there's something to the West or South!

Back
Top Bottom