diving near cancun

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

foamer86

Reaction score
I am going to riveria maya on vacation, my girlfriend and I are farely new divers, can any one suggest any where to go, ( shops, dive sites, even land sightseeing, or anything to do there, any suggestions would be apprieciated.

Thanks
Craig

I just recently returned from almost 3 weeks there. My gf and I went from Isla Mujeres to Tulum, inland to Chichen Itza and Coba then to Cozumel for some scuba diving. Even though the ruins at Chichen Itza are very touristy they are the most interesting as their stone carvings are like none of the other ruins. That is because they are Maya-Toltec while the others are Maya. Most of the diving in Cozumel is considered advanced because of the strong currents. Nevertheless, it is one of the worlds best dive locations. We went with Blue Bubble Divers and were very satisfied with them. Their DM's gave thorough briefings and were safety conscious all the time. I have some land and dive photos on my website from the trip;
http://kayakdiver.com

Craig,
I forgot to mention in my last post. There is a restaurant in town on Cozumel called La Choza. We had Mahi Mahi fajitas there and it was the best meal of our trip. Keep it in mind.
Jim:)

Gilligan once bubbled...
Most of the diving in Cozumel is considered advanced because of the strong currents...[/url]

Au contraire. There are all levels of diving available around Cozumel, and relatively few are advanced sites. I dove Cozumel as a novice (many years ago) and had no probs. I still dive there and I enjoy it very much; you are right on about it being a premier dive location.

Thank you every one very much, I am going to keep this stuff in mind, has any one heard of or dove with Tank- Ha. if so please let me know how it was. I am very excited about the trip because I am now leaving in 2 days, I will share my experiences when I get back

Thanks

I dove with Dressel Divers while staying at the Iberostar Paraiso last fall. I really enjoyed. Some dive were really great....some were so-so. The nice thing about it is we never left the resort all week. I would literally get of my beach chair, grab my gear from the lockers, and jump on the boat!

They were very nice and helpful!

It was amazing, the trip was so good, the diving was great. I dove with Scuba Playa, in Playa del Carmen. I found them to be the cheapest. They also had the most personalized. It was a Guide, my girlfriend, one other person, and I. We did 2 Centote dives, they were great, then 2 days later we dove Tortuga Reef and Baracuda Reef. visibility was for ever!! The colors and all the sea life were amazing. :)

Thank You everyone for all the information and the tips

Glad you had such great trip. Do you remember the names of the Cenotes you dove?

Back
Top Bottom