Diving n Anilao, Philippines

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

barracuda

Registered
Reaction score
hi all !!

would like to know if anyone has dived Anilao in Philippines recently ? planning on taking a group there in august and would love to knpw if is still as good as it was way back in 1989 !!

venkat

There 2 weeks ago, for 3 weeks, in PG now. Don't know about 1989, but nowhere as good as this time last year. La Nina seems to have affected adversely, colder, much less to see. Nudis harder to find and TINY.

I'm there every weekend; temp has warmed up already so back to rash guard and board shorts this coming weekend. Marine life very active - I won a photo contest last weekend taken at Secret Bay. You'll never run out of things to see. Otherwise I wouldn't be there every weekend.

I'm there every weekend; temp has warmed up already so back to rash guard and board shorts this coming weekend. Marine life very active - I won a photo contest last weekend taken at Secret Bay. You'll never run out of things to see. Otherwise I wouldn't be there every weekend.
:worthless:

Show us the winning entry, please?

thanks randy,

appreciate your input. can you pls recommend a good dive center for us to stay and dive with ? i know a good dive guide can make or break a dive and so its very important for us to choose the right one ! thanks in advance.

venkat

I regularly stay at Planet Dive because I make a shore entry upon arrival early in the morning at Twin Rocks which is right smack in front of the resort's wooden deck. Then I join the boat dive which you'll never run out of buddies to go with. The DM's know what to look for too.
and here's the winning shot requested by Quero taken of a glass shrimp on soft coral taken with and S95 on Ike housing with Intova ISS2000 strobe with plastic kitchen funnel for snoot and double stacked Inon macro lenses.

Attachments

• IMG_2863.JPG
    IMG_2863.JPG
    372.4 KB · Views: 451
I was there in January. Anilao has got to be one of the best destinations in the world for macro, but don't expect a lot of big fishes or nightlife..... just 4 x 60-80 minute dives/day. I stayed at Club Ocellaris and highly recommend them.

Coveted Rhinopias was sighted past Secret Bay the other week.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom