Diving Monterey this Weekend

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

deltaVPR

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Me and Robin (ryssyr) were planning on meeting up for a couple dives this sat or sunday..maybe both.

Anyone else interested?

-Devin

Damn,

Now that's a major tease, I'm down here in Orange County visiting my younger brother. I've dove with Robin and been wanting to dive with Devin...

Hope you guys have great conditions and have Norcal divers join you....

MG

Me and Robin (ryssyr) were planning on meeting up for a couple dives this sat or sunday..maybe both.

Anyone else interested?

-Devin
not his weekend. doing the holiday thing. maybe next?

Brewski,

I'll be headed out on the Catalina islands liveaboard next weekend- so next weekend is out for me.

I want to make sure I get a few dives locally before the trip in order to check out some new gear as well as practice some macro shots with new lens setup. Hope to see some of you this weekend. I might be able to sneak in a dive or two during the week.

Brewski,

I'll be headed out on the Catalina islands liveaboard next weekend- so next weekend is out for me.

I want to make sure I get a few dives locally before the trip in order to check out some new gear as well as practice some macro shots with new lens setup. Hope to see some of you this weekend. I might be able to sneak in a dive or two during the week.

Brewski is going to be on the Vision next weekend too. Did you forget about that Ron? :confused:

I was thinking of diving the breakwater on Sun/Mon 12/28-29. I would require someone to tolerate a beginner level. Are there designated areas at the breakwater where you can "buddy up" with divers slightly ahead of your level to help you gain experience and advance in your skills?

Steve

I will be down there sunday the 28th, you are certainly welcome to join. Let me know.

I also plan to go down next weekend and need a buddy for that. (=

-Devin

I was thinking of diving the breakwater on Sun/Mon 12/28-29. I would require someone to tolerate a beginner level. Are there designated areas at the breakwater where you can "buddy up" with divers slightly ahead of your level to help you gain experience and advance in your skills?

Steve

That's pretty much the same area where the OW classes set their floats... it's a nice sandy bottom where you can practice skills. I'll be down this weekend diving Lobos Sat and then BW Sat night... No plans yet for Sunday. I might hang out at the BW Sun AM if I don't hit the road that morning.

Hey gang, thanks for the warm welcome. I did my checkout dive in June with "Paddy" from BR in Monterey. I met several of you guys there. I think I met Brandon. Do most of you meet at the steps or do you move down the beach toward the pipe to hit less crowded areas. I'm pretty sure I will be able to handle a dive up to about 50 feet. I would love to see one of those grey whales that have been cruising the BW. A buddy of mine had one swim right over him at Fort Ross while diving. He freaked because he thought it was another much more menacing species!
I have been right next to them in Tomales Bay in my Whaler and was surprised at how fast and agile they are in the water.

I will post here again as my plan solidifies tomorrow afternoon. Weather looks pretty good.

Steve

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom