Diving Maafushi

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OP
txteachers

txteachers

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Headed to Maafushi, Maldives in Fall '24.
Staying at Kaani Palm Beach -We are PADI certified divers, I have over 200 dives, hubby has more. I do REEF surveys.

I've seen some old posts that recommend Maldives Passions Dive Shop - has anyone used them in the last year? Is there another shop you'd recommend, and why?
How is the shore diving?
Boat diving?
Night diving? Did you do shore or boat for night dives?

And a non-scuba question we like eating in local restaurants/cafes over the hotel - any recommendations?

My first trip to this part of the world to dive - so am very excited! Thanks!!

Headed to Maafushi, Maldives in Fall '24.
Staying at Kaani Palm Beach -We are PADI certified divers, I have over 200 dives, hubby has more. I do REEF surveys.

I've seen some old posts that recommend Maldives Passions Dive Shop - has anyone used them in the last year? Is there another shop you'd recommend, and why?
How is the shore diving?
Boat diving?
Night diving? Did you do shore or boat for night dives?

And a non-scuba question we like eating in local restaurants/cafes over the hotel - any recommendations?

My first trip to this part of the world to dive - so am very excited! Thanks!!f

Forget them. Only one place to go and thats Arena dive with ahmad a.k.a. Habibi. Huge boat..nitrox..dont rip u off and very professional. I also use Kaani Dive a.k.a. Sinai Dive but they dont have nitrox.

FWIW I had a great series of day-boat dives with Maldives Passions in 2023. However earlier this year they closed up the Maafushi shop and relocated to Baa Fulhadhoo and Baa Maalhos. Apparently they didnt want to deal with the overtourism in Maafushi, and from my experience I'd believe them - way too many dumb tourists, and a couple of streets reminded me of various crap seaside towns in SE Asia

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom