Diving Little River at Intro/Basic Level

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ive done the Merry go round and still didnt get into deco if its the 1st dive of the day so youll be fine. Table rock is at 270ft and with the flow after tying in , you may not get much further than that . Im glad I dont get tired of caves because they have a few scratches on the rocks, big deal. Youll be doing good to see the big line arrow at the tee on 6ths.

Missed you at REACT Seal.
You might want to try Madison Blue as well it was beautiful on 10/29.
The flow was up a bit but very pretty.
With Little River it is best to get there early if the weather is going to be good.
It can get lively if on the weekend and 75-80 temps will bring some locals out to enjoy the spring.
Just like other community parks secure your vehicle and gear.

When diving there in the busy season get there early and head out before it gets busy.
It can get rather lively around noon till dark.
I choose to get in and out before it gets crazy.
In the off season you will be fine.

JCG

Thanks for the info everyone. And I know sorry about missing you at React. I did some side mount dives in the morning and didn't do much more diving after that due to computer issues. And I've heard good things about Jackson blue. I'll be back in December for apprentice/full cave so I'll probably get to dive those then. Already counting down until I get back.

I know I'm coming in on the late side, but just to add to the list, I LOVE Little River. There are lots of cool things to "find" in the first few hundred feet. See how many unmarked jump lines you can spot (just don't take them). Go slow, and LOOK around.

I've taken several newbies and students there for their first LR dive and I've never once had any of them be anything less than thrilled with the cave.

Dive safe, and never lose the passion!

I know I'm coming in on the late side, but just to add to the list, I LOVE Little River. There are lots of cool things to "find" in the first few hundred feet. See how many unmarked jump lines you can spot (just don't take them). Go slow, and LOOK around.

I've taken several newbies and students there for their first LR dive and I've never once had any of them be anything less than thrilled with the cave.

Dive safe, and never lose the passion!

I saw some of those jumps and have always wondered where they went. Which one's do you recommend? I've only explored the mud tunnel and main line so far.

I understand the no deco limit on the basic level but the way it is being talked about you would think you start to phizzz and immediately die if you reach the NDL. Come on, if you are at the Intro Cave level you should have a basic undertanding of how to deco out on back gas if needed and if you have spent the hundreds or thousands on a good cave kit I hope your purchased a decent nitrox computer that handles deco. If you dive LR right even if you hit NDL at the mud tunnel you should be clear or almost by the time you reach the 10 safety stop.

On 1/6th you should not hit deco unless your SAC is really good. I did it yesterday it was a blast at the intro level. Except for the lights out line drill :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom