Diving Lembeh on a budget...?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bring a light to use in the daytime and also a magnifying glass. I give mine to the guide when I leave. Most of the people in North Sulawesi love T-shirts with English writing on them, so they make great gifts for the staff.

I am heading to Lembeh for 2 weeks the end of Dec but will be staying at Divers Lodge. Thanks for the t-shirt tip though... I usually leave my shirts wherever I go when traveling abroad but will make sure to bring ones with writing on them for this trip... however, will make sure that none of the shirts are from my favorite dive spots collection. :D:D

BTW... they offer great pricing if you don't mind not having ac. We figured that after doing so many dives that time of the year, we will be fine with just a ceiling fan at nite.

We'll be going to Lembeh this July. I've heard it helps to use a magnifying glass underwater to better see the tiny critters. What strength and type do you recommend?

I just buy an ordinary type made of plastic(I think they are 3x with a spot for 5x in the center, I forget) that has a little hole in the handle to put a cord through and a loop the cord around my wrist and took the magnifying glass inside the sleeve of my suit when not using it, They cost about US $5 in a place like Frys Electronics.

Back
Top Bottom