Diving/Kid Friendly where to go?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MEDICJOJO

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Searching the web all week for a good place to take our next trip and pulling my hair out. My wife and I both dive and have dove in Cozumel, Bahamas, Caymans, St. Lucia, Jamica and Aruba. Were trying to find somewhere elses to go that we havent been to before. But my problem is we have a 3 year old whom is old enough now to take with us and loves the ocean and sand. I am lucky to have a mother in law that goes with us to baby sit the morningings my wife and I dive and best of all she pays her own way. We took the little one to Cozumel last year and she had a blast very kid friendly resort my wife and I go to when in Cozumel. My wife wants to go to Antiqulla (spelled) but havent really read anything great about the diving their. And All Inclusive is a must for us. But If I could find a good place to dive at an All Inclusive resort that is kid friendly with activitys for my daughter. Any suggestions would be greatly appricated. Thank You

Look into Club Med Punta Cana and Beaches at Turks and Caicos (and possibly other locations). I can't speak to the diving operations of either (although having dived several times with other Club Meds, I expect them to be good), but both are all inclusive and very kid friendly. The diving at Turks and Caicos is good; don't know about the diving from Punta Cana.

Did this some years ago, but at the time the Club was great for kids included circus training for the older children. Diving is available at the Club but is pretty non exciting, simple reefs, but they have other diving ops that will pick you up and take you to better action should you feel you want it. Good choice for familys, nice facilities, great food, and drinks.

Curacao?

The Breezes family resort? Never been to it but people post positive reviews here.

The Sea Aquarium next door is kid-friendly and a short drive away is the Ostrich Farm.

There's diving off Breezes, better diving nearby and even better diving (IMO) 30-45mins. drive west. You can also shore dive with the DiveBus they're across the street from Breezes. Ocean Encounters also has a shop on-site at Breezes.

I'd compare Curacao diving favorably with Bonaire. From what a friend said both are superior to Aruba.

There are sites where if you were dropped on the reef you couldn't tell which island you were on. One of the best dives I've done on either island is Playa Kalki/Alice in Wonderland near Westpunt. About a 45min. drive from Breezes.

There are also good sites much closer so you should easily be able to do two dives and be back by noon. Most have on-site dive operations for tanks/weights also.

Porto Mari has a really nice beach, snack shop etc. so your whole family might enjoy it while you dive there.

I would second the indorsement for Curacao. The Aquarium and the ostrich farm were kid favorites in my family. The diving is good. i would recommend a two bedroom suite at the Royal Sea Aquarium Resort. Good location and right next door to the aquarium. Quiet and convenient to a great dive op and restaurants.

Curacao Royal Seaquarium or Atlantis Bahamas

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom