diving karma

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

carebear

Reaction score
Okay, I just have to vent a little here, so feel free to ignore me. :)
It seems like every time I get involved with diving, something bad happens!
I was a water baby growing up, but during open water I had my first experience being uncomfortable underwater...nonetheless, I still decided I wanted to go diving in warm water.
My cousin passed away about 2 years ago from a pulmonary embolism which halted my original interest (and my families approval even though I had an avid diver bf at the time). In June, a few weeks after a (very) long diving vacation, my ex and I broke up because of different interests, as in, he was a little too interested in other female divers...lol
I was supposed to go on my first dive trip to T&C this week but I was going with a male friend who was going to be there for work and his non-diving gf had a fit about it. They almost broke up because of it, so I stepped aside and told him "oh, I didn't want to go that bad anyway" (yeah right!).
Anyone else have this many problems getting started diving???
;-0

You ( female) were going to meet a guy in an away location to "go diving" and his GF had issues? Go figure.... :wink:

Plenty of dive buddies are around, esp. if you ask here....Its just coincidence....

Not sure how old you are....It gets better, I can assure you.

:band:

Man... this thread can be summed up in one word: ISSUES

Where's O-ring when ya need him??

Ben

OneBrightGator once bubbled...
Man... this thread can be summed up in one word: ISSUES

Where's O-ring when ya need him??

Ben

You know he will find this thread and put his stamp on it sooner or later. :)

DeepScuba once bubbled...
ScubaSean is 100% male!

Subject: Guys and PLUTONIC relationships.

There's only 2 type of "guy" relationships.......

1.) Women he's ..........

2.) And women he hasn't ........... YET.

We all laughed......why??? because there's a BIG air of truth in that.

...and when these "plutonic" friends meet on their special dive vacation and he tells you his relationship with "her" has been over for a long time it's a safe bet he's going home to "her" and saying your "nothing" to him and certainly not a threat to their relationship. Not to be sexist, women have been known to do the same thing.

There are no special circumstances...

Possibilities exist.

The man is attracted, but the woman is not - nothing happens.

The woman is attracted, but the man is not - nothing happens.

Neither are attracted - nothing happens.

Both are attracted - there's a possibility of something happening, but we aren't animals. We can choose not to act on our desires. If you are involved with someone else, you should so choose.

In any of the possibilities, there's the possibility of a SO becoming jealous over the situation. The jealousy may be founded or unfounded. Jealousy is based on insecurity. If there is insecurity in the relationship, it has bigger issues than who is going diving with whom.

we are animals Walter. The difference is we are accountable for our actions and our bodies. If one chooses to take that change then the only one who is accountable are the two people involved. If it is forced then it is rape, plain and simple.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom