Diving Into The Unknown (2016) / "Takaisin Pintaan"

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We managed to watch it last weekend, definatly worth watching.

The movie was mostly about the recovery effort, there's a website set up that explains the accident. There are videos and graphics that helps explain what's going on: link here.

Thanks for the link Pinecube. Answered many questions after watching the documentary.

Do we have any news on this? I can't find any info in English...

Well, I asked them, the movie is there with english subtitles, but they're working on international distribution...
I really wish this would go on something like iTunes or Netflix. I'd really like to see it, I just don't see being able to go to a film festival here in the US to see it, if they even have much of a presence over here.
I know it is a year later but it is on Netflix have watched a few times. It is a very moving documentary.

Just watched this. Absolutely stunning. My wife, fearing greatly yet knowing I don't want to ever dive caves, asked why on earth I'd want to watch it. An incredible story of friendship and brotherhood. It also reinforced the fact that cave diving is something that I'll never try.

Personally, I'd never want any of my dive buddies to ever attempt such a dangerous dive to recover my remains. Leave me where I lie, knowing that if I pass while diving, I did so knowing the risks, while doing what I love.

I just watched this movie on Netflix this week and it was moving. Eye opening sad and most of all reaffirmed my feelings on cave diving.
That feeling you ask.
Cave diving isn't a matter of if you will die it's a matter of when.

Seriously Littleayray? Matter of when you are going to die? I am not cave diver but know many who are properly trained and I hope they remain my friends until old age. Aren't most caves beautiful and a pleasure to dive with proper line placement and safety equipment?

Again, I am not cave trained; I stay out of caves because I think they are dangerous for those who are untrained. But maybe there is a something I do not know.

I just watched this movie on Netflix this week and it was moving. Eye opening sad and most of all reaffirmed my feelings on cave diving.
That feeling you ask.
Cave diving isn't a matter of if you will die it's a matter of when.

Shows your ignorance. But that's ok. Stay a skittle and keep out of our caves. Last thing we'd want is someone with that attitude getting our sites shut.

I'm not ignorant I know the risks I also know my limits. I'm entitled to my opinion.
You will not see me saying no one should cave dive. What you will see is me encouraging people to do what they love safely and to also reduce the risk as much as humanly possible.
I've called one or 2 dives because I couldn't get comfortable underwater and I tell everyone I dive with that if you aren't comfortable or feel uneasy call the dive the last thing I need is to put another diver in a coffin.

Please remember that this thread is to discuss the movie Diving into The Unknown (2016).
Our thoughts and feelings about the movie are on topic but let's not wander too far elsewhere. If something entirely new arisises, it's best to create a new thread so everyone can notice and find the new topic.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom