Diving Into The Unknown (2016) / "Takaisin Pintaan"

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

A friend sent me a message about the movie this morning so I watched it on iTunes. Very well done. Powerful story.

This is now on Netflix.

Diving Into the Unknown | Netflix

Discovered this a few days after I purchased it as a download on Amazon (US) but it was well worth the $9.99. ($2.99 to rent). It is quite a story. The documentary is well done but I had quite a few technical questions that weren't addressed. Probably edited to target a non-diving audience as well.

Watched this last night. I don't know anything about cave diving (yet) but this really makes one think about what and how it happened.

We managed to watch it last weekend, definatly worth watching.

Watched this last night. I don't know anything about cave diving (yet) but this really makes one think about what and how it happened.
The movie was mostly about the recovery effort, there's a website set up that explains the accident. There are videos and graphics that helps explain what's going on: link here.

We managed to watch it last weekend, definatly worth watching.

The movie was mostly about the recovery effort, there's a website set up that explains the accident. There are videos and graphics that helps explain what's going on: link here.

Thanks for posting. Looks like a good read.

Watched this last night. I am glad I read this thread prior to watching . My husband asked why I wanted to watch this as I don't like to scare myself--I won't watch Open Water because that could happen to me, but since I don't cave dive I was able to watch this. Amazing the work and dedication that was needed to recover those divers. Thank you to all public safety divers, recovery divers and good friends that try to provide closure for the friends and families. You do a difficult, yet compassionate type of work. thanks.

PS sorry I could not link the thread...sometimes I can, other times not so much

2 Finnish divers dead, 3 injured in Plurdalen / Norway

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom