Diving Indonesia 2014

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If you are coming to Indonesia in July 2014 you will arrive for the Ramadan fasting month. Backpacking around Java and other Muslim areas during Ramadan presents a big, new set of challenges. Im not saying it can't be done, but...well...not a lot happens in the day time while people are fasting.

The big tourists areas such as Bali and the Gili Islands will be business as usual.

The end of July will bring Idul Fitri where literally millions of Indonesians will join you backpacking to their homes to be with family. Jakarta, an urban onslaught of traffic and people, actually becomes a ghost town.

My best advice is to do some research and plan accoirdingly.

wow.. very nice tips!! thanks a lot.

Im so busy planning this trip. finally we arrange accommodation in Bali after thousands of options. We decided to stay in Nusa Dua. I have contacted several dive centres...still thinking.

We are looking for a nice liveaborad in komodo, but also few days in the islands, still searching. We sadly are going to skip Raja Ampat, but we add the gilis, any suggestion for good dive sites there?

Good thinking Matt..id forgotten about that. I would definitely look elsewhere than Sumatra. North Sulawesi will be fine too as the main religion in N.Sulawesi is Christian.

We decided to stay in Nusa Dua. I have contacted several dive centres

Nusa Dua is a long way from the dive sites, which will add extra hours to your diving days. Unless you have already booked your accommodation, I would suggest staying in Sanur instead, if you wish to be South Bali based. Most dive centres will offer hotel pick-up and return but Nusa Dua (and it's added traffic issues) is always a bottleneck with nose to tail cars passed the airport.

If you look at a diving map of Bali, you will see where the dive sites are clustered, and the distance between them and where you are considering staying, then decide for yourself.

Nusa Penida is the largest of 3 islands the others being Nusa Lembongan and Nusa Ceningan, that lie the other side of the Bandung Strait from Bali’s east coast. The water here is fairly cold, due to a deep upwelling south of Bali, but often startlingly clear, with gorgeous corals and prolific fish and some turtles, Grey reef and Silver-tip sharks. In July-mid November Mola-Mola, the weird and wonderful Ocean sunfish can be seen here

We were in Komodo in early September and the weather and diving were great! It might be a bit early for mola moles as we saw them diving from Padang Bai but that was in September as well. Ubud would be a nice location for some luxury honeymoon time! ( although, it is not close to diving but good for a few days!) Enjoy!

gilicat,I would prefer if you would stop dragging up old threads to market your company, I would bet others would to. If you have something new to post or can help people with pertinent information that would be great.

hi Yoli,I am wayan Darta from PADANGBAI BALI DIVE,If you dont mind please book with padangbai bali dive and we will make your honeymoon exited and happiness.I have been dived for 27 years so i know every coner of dive site on bali so dont be hesitate please email me to : darta_bali@yahoo.com
I am very happy if you would like to reply me soon.
Cheers
Darta

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom