Diving in Victoria, Point Cooke Marine Reserve near Melbourne

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pjdavo

Registered
Reaction score
Hi All,
I'm doing my DM course at the moment and my mapping project for it is Point Cooke Marine reserve in the bay close to melbourne.

There are a few websites with information but it all seems to be pretty much the same piece of text about the reserve. I've seen reference to a couple of wrecks in the area but no details.

I'm just wondering if anyone has any local information on the area or anywhere / anyone they can point me to for more info.

Thanks heaps!
Phil

Hey Phil,

I have dived there once from the Homestead. It is very shallow.

You can drive right up the the water if you go around to the left of the Homestead cafe, just check in with them first or they might call Fisheries thinking you might be after abalone. There is also a picnic table there which is handy for gearing up.

Make sure you also pick High tide as it is very shallow and a very rocky entry. I went at low tide and was quite difficult. You will need to swim a long way out to get any sort of depth.

You'll also want a W or NW wind.

I don't know of any wrecks in that immediate vacinity.

Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom