Diving in Vancouver without a car

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Taxi? Bus? Bike?

You could try hitchhiking, but people may not stop seeing you with all that equipment and tanks.

Move to one of the infamous leaking condo buildings along Georgia or Pender near Coal Harbour so you can walk to the water?

Seriously though, do you have any friends who dive who have cars?

Marc

UBC has a dive club...why not hook-up with some of them?

i have a few friends that drive, but none of them divers. My buddy and I want to get out alot, after class kind ofthing. Does anyone know if there is any good diving around UBC area, with out having to go into west van or further up the sea to sky?

kingdiver once bubbled...
Sorry.

No car, no diving.

those are the rules here in BC. :mean:

seems like it sometimes...

just find a dive buddy with a car.

Join the UBC dive club; they do regular dives at the popular site around the lower mainland. I’m sure you won’t be the only one without a car. Also some of the dive shops around town, International Dive Centre is one do evening dives and car pool from the shop to the site.

nwdiver2,
how's it going?
I would just like to say that IDC rocks!
Especially if you're without wheels. they are very concerned with finding you some sort of transportation.
How long have you been diving? And did you take you o/w, or any other courses with them?

Yup IDC does try to accomodate people without cars. I'm heading out with them this Sunday for a day trip to Boyer Island. I think that the afternoon trip (about 11:30 start) still has some space left in it. They are charging about $90 for 2 boat dives. If you need a lift I should be able to pick you and your buddy up. PM me if you need the ride.

Don't let the lack of wheels keep you out of the water!!!

Jimi

yup yup,
yet again i get to miss the boat dives due to work. The next one I'll be going though, no matter what.
Let me know how it goes!

Back
Top Bottom