Diving in Toronto

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi, welcome to Canada. I live in Fergus, right outside the GTA. Tobermory, up on the Bruce Peninsula about 3 hours north of me, maybe 4 from TO, is a great dive destination point for all of Canada. Spectacular sites, and a great dive community up there. Divers Den runs the charters, and has lots of boats an divemasters, and knows the drill.

Hi, welcome to Canada. I live in Fergus, right outside the GTA. Tobermory, up on the Bruce Peninsula about 3 hours north of me, maybe 4 from TO, is a great dive destination point for all of Canada. Spectacular sites, and a great dive community up there. Divers Den runs the charters, and has lots of boats an divemasters, and knows the drill.

Fergus, huh? I live outside Elora.

It’s different. Way to big of a city for me. Traffic is driving me nuts. Thank god im only here for 1 year and posted out after.

Sea shepherd, could you chime in:

tobermory: divers den won’t let you do deep dives (over 80 ft) of you don’t have at least 10 x cold water dives, but also don’t do any deep cold water dive training, so you cou,d schlep all the way up there for a max 2 x dives a day?

‘May be different now, but last time I checked because I needed to do cold water training for gods pocket the chap on the phone said ‘ nah, if you don’t have 10 logged cold deep dives you can’t do walkon dives’ I asked ‘ but thats why I want to dive with you..I have over 2000 dives and I need to get the cold water and deep cold water experience, I’m not keen on driving 5+ hours for max 2 shallow dives.. i heard you were the guys to do it with, how do people get the exp so they can practice with you?’ Guy said ‘ I dunno, some quarry somewhere probably, but we can’t help you’ ..

Sea shepherd, could you chime in:

tobermory: divers den won’t let you do deep dives (over 80 ft) of you don’t have at least 10 x cold water dives, but also don’t do any deep cold water dive training, so you cou,d schlep all the way up there for a max 2 x dives a day?

‘May be different now, but last time I checked because I needed to do cold water training for gods pocket the chap on the phone said ‘ nah, if you don’t have 10 logged cold deep dives you can’t do walkon dives’ I asked ‘ but thats why I want to dive with you..I have over 2000 dives and I need to get the cold water and deep cold water experience, I’m not keen on driving 5+ hours for max 2 shallow dives.. i heard you were the guys to do it with, how do people get the exp so they can practice with you?’ Guy said ‘ I dunno, some quarry somewhere probably, but we can’t help you’ ..
How long ago was that conversation with the guy at Divers Den? Yesterday I was talking to one of the owners and for the past year they have been running morning shore dives so people can get used to or reacquainted with cold water diving. Then in the afternoon they do boat dives to the shallower wrecks.

You can shore dive in Tobermory without involving a dive shop too, to get that experience in cold water, just bring your own tanks and gear.

it was early 2018, that's good insight definitely.... but still leaves out the deep water aspect... they won't allow deep cold water dives without at least 10 deep coldwater dives, but don't offer deep cold water dive training or experience. ( understandable but disappointing..and obviously their prerogative)

morning shore dive + 2 x afternoon dives is a better proposition certainly....6 dives for 10 hours driving...I can just about reconcile that...

it was early 2018, that's good insight definitely.... but still leaves out the deep water aspect... they won't allow deep cold water dives without at least 10 deep coldwater dives, but don't offer deep cold water dive training or experience. ( understandable but disappointing..and obviously their prerogative)

morning shore dive + 2 x afternoon dives is a better proposition certainly....6 dives for 10 hours driving...I can just about reconcile that...
I think that the idea was to give people’s chance on the shallow wrecks, then move up to the deeper ones. I’m sure if you contact them, that can be remedied. Or, you can do some dives with Groundhog Divers in the DoLime Quarry, gets to 90 ft. Give Groundhog a call. There *is* a solution to your situation lol.

You could even dive with folks going up to Wiarton. You can get deep
shore dives going off Cedar Hill.

Hello All,
Advance certified diver looking for other divers interested in cold water diving. I am still learning on my new to me dry suit and would appreciate any experienced divers in GTA interested in going diving in the region. Thanks Wayne

Hello All,
Advance certified diver looking for other divers interested in cold water diving. I am still learning on my new to me dry suit and would appreciate any experienced divers in GTA interested in going diving in the region. Thanks Wayne
Numerous GTA shops use the West Humber Bay site for diving.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom