Diving in the Gulf of Thailand in September

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The Anthong Marine park is not worth basing a dive holiday on....and just not worth the trip. If it was closer to Tao, it still wouldn't be dived much.

Sail rock is mid-way between Tao and Phangan.... more commonly dived from Phangan because there isn't many other dive choices from there.

Tao has the other two pinnacles....and a dozen other good sites. Pick the right dive op and you can dive empty sites around Tao.

Travelling between the islands? what makes more sense .... a single return ferry trip from Tao to visit Phangan for the FMP.... or a daily return trip from Phangan to visit the dive sites around Tao?

From Tao, you can morning dive 2 sites...and still be back on the island for lunch, shopping or whatever. Or, you can stay in bed until lunchtime...and still enjoy 2 dives before dinner. Or...if you are keen enough, you can organise a morning and afternoon trip from Tao...getting 4 dives a day (plus night dive if you want).

From Phangan....well, you just better enjoy spending all your day on a dive boat....

Really mate..... I have no vested interest in getting people to use Tao as their dive base...and I don't want to cut your business.... but spreading the illusion that Phangan offers more convenient and flexible diving than Tao is a dis-service to the honest question asked by the OP.

The Anthong Marine park is not worth basing a dive holiday on....and just not worth the trip.

Years ago I dived the Angthong Marine National Park and must admit that most of the general diving public probably wouldn't be too impressed with the underwater scenery there. Still, I did enjoy my dives there very much because the macro life was quite good. Plenty of nudibranchs, xeno-crabs, tozeuma (saw blade) shrimps and we even found toad fish! Another bonus was that nobody else was diving there and the that we had all the sites for ourselves...

Yeah...the sites do offer a relatively unspoilt experience. I dived there several times also, out of Samui. But.... i still wouldn't base an entire dive vacation around the opportunity to visit Anthong though.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom