Diving in Sri Lanka

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

funscuba

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Can anybody tell me a good diving school in Hikkaduwa where to get the dive master, and which ones to avoid ? Would be for beginning of next year.

Which one would u recommend better than the other one ?

Thanks !

hi there - me too. I am also looking for recommendation of a good dive joint.

Got this link which lists a few of them
http://www.srilanka.travel/pdf/divig.pdf

Looking at them (and exploring their websites), I am kind of liking the International Diving School - which I see is well reputed in conservation circles.

I am not able to email them though

I would recommend International Diving School. The owners name is Somadasa Silva (aka Somey). A nice guy who has worked harder to try and save reefs in Hikkaduwa than any other dive operator. I know him by working together on conservation projects so I can help you out with a reservation if you need or you can contact him directly.

I have heard positives about Poseidon from tourists but personally dont like them as they dont seem to like local Sri Lankans. Its just my personal opinion. From everything else they seem to run a good dive shop. Scuba Safaris, Blue Deep and Aquatours used to be good but I have not dived with them in the last 7-8yrs because I now only dive with Somey in Hikkaduwa.

I can also help you with diving in Colombo through our own operation Colombo Divers if you are interested. If you are in Colombo for a few days let me know. Some great wrecks and good offshore reefs and we offer good rates (sorry I could not help but do some marketing there:wink:).

Anyway, just email me if you have questions. The quality of diving and dive operators is highly variable in SL. If you let me know your interests then I can tell you the best areas for that type of diving.

Cheers,

Nishan

Back
Top Bottom