Diving in Sook River Potholes

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Good job guys... way to chart the unknown!
It's surprisingly green down there but viz looks pretty decent.
Thanks for sharing.

Thanks! The deepest one was about 32 feet, but my buddy said the deepest one he saw about 15 years ago was 37 feet. We did not research all of them that day...
The dive profile is totally up'n'down, but that's OK as they not very deep.
Very nice dive, specially in a sunny day.

Did you go down the trail just past the old resort ruins? I've had a look last year with the intention of diving there, but it seemed like quite a hike from the parking lots to get to the deeper areas of the river. By the way, it looks like I'm not the only one diving an old Conshelf reg (the photo of your buddy).

I'm not quite familiar with the area...but yes - i've heard about some resort around... We've went down from this parking lot - it's only about 3 min hike when going down fully geared and 5-7 when going up :)

Yeah.. That was the very first dive for my buddy and his 31 years old Conshelf after a VERY long (about 7 years) gap... :)
It's a great reg - I like its simplicity and design.

that is very close to my house, i should go there and dive once i get my open water this winter.

that is very close to my house, i should go there and dive once i get my open water this winter.

Please don't do that alone until you will not have lots of experience, relevant skills and redundant equipment... ...and even you have all these stuff - DON'T do that when water is high - after rains, etc...

i would not go alone for sure, i hope to make some new friends that i can go diving with

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom