Diving in Sarasota area?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My-way

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
Hi everyone,

Can someone please fill me in on the diving in the close Sarasota area (if any available).

Both boat and shore if possible.

Thanks,

Venice beach is just south of Sarasota (about 15 minutes away), and is a very popular shore dive around here to search for Sharks' teeth and other marine fossils. There are several artificial reefs in the area. I don't know about boats in Sarasota, the only Gulf boat I've done staged out of Placida, which is about an hour away from Sarasota ($65 for a two tank dive). To the north (within an hour) is Clearwater and St. Petersburg, which also have artifical reefs and such, but again, I don't know about boat dives from there.

The dive shop Scuba Quest (www.scubaquestusa.com) has 2 boats that run out of Sarasota. $65 for 2 tank dives.. they also have themed dives on some days of the month (i.e. palentological dives off Venice, spear diving, etc.).

Last time I was down visiting mom and dad. We did a fun beach dive out of Bradenton. It was the debris field of a wreck, and it had some nice fish and colorful sponges. Any of the dive shops in the area should be able to point you in the right direction.

I can't remember the exact location anymore, but you basically park in front of the Dive Shop and take a compass bearing (which they gave me at the shop). Swim out a couple of hundred yards until you start to see the debris, and then tour it in a north/south pattern.

Have fun!

Scott

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom