Diving in Saipan?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If you're considering all those destinations, I would definitely check out Palau, Yap or Chuuk before Saipan...

For diving purposes, I agree with you 100%, but I think if you have a non-diver travelling with you who wants spa stuff going on, Saipan's a pretty good place to be. Saipan's marketed rather like a slightly more local version of Hawaii in Japan, so you could get the spa/ water sports thing on for the non-diver. (I guess a non-diver would have more fun in Guam, but I heard from friends who have been to both Guam and Saipan that Saipan has the better diving.) Do Yap and Chuuk have spas?

If you have a non-diver, you definitely do not want to go to Yap. There is very little to do there besides dive. You can walk from one end of town to the other in about 10 minutes, and there are about 5 restaurants total, a handful of hotels, and some little stores, but that's about it. Some day activities for the non-diver would be kayaking, renting a bike, cultural tour, etc. Keep in mind also that there are only 3 beaches in Yap. The closest one is 45 mins from the main town. Awesome place to dive, but it might get pretty boring for a non-diver.

Palau may have some spa action going on at Palau Pacific Resort since it is a pretty sweet hotel, but I haven't been there in awhile.

I have no idea about Chuuk, never been there.

my friends and i are traveling to saipan from japan this december. is it worth traveling to chuuk and yap...or would it be best to just dive off of saipan and tinian? we're looking to acquire our advanced licenses.

Back
Top Bottom