Diving in Saba?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It is quite a unique place, I wll let you know what we found. What is surprising is that posted the same thing on a tractor forum that I participate in, and got more information there, than here (none). Looks like it is going downhill a bit.

Went to Saba 2 years ago. The diving was fantastic. We stayed at Julia's and dived with Sea Saba. The most interesting thing I found about Saba was that no one locks their doors. If you want a key to your room, you have to ask for one. Beautiful place, wonderful people.

if you want a thrill, fly in and out. Otherwise, take the ferry. I enjoyed the flight out, but took the ferry in since WinAir cancelled our flights at the last minute. I had to stay the night in St. Marteen and get the ferry ride in the next day along with taxi fees, dinner, etc. I was not happy with WinAir.

I agree with Dennis...went to Saba last summer and loved it! We also stayed at Julia's and dove with Sea Saba. Make sure you climb to the top of Mt. Scenery! My husbands only complaint was everything is uphill!

We are staying at Juliana's rather than Julia's and diving with Sea Saba - very professional organization. We just finished a night dive at Tent Reef - a lot of fun.

You are so right, My old brain almost got the name of the place correct. Juliana's it is.

I'm posting this in case someone searches for travel to Saba. Although I've been to Saba several times, and Statia as well now I will take groups to islands where I do not have to deal with Winair. They lost my dive bag with about half my dive gear in it, all new including the Dive Caddy bag which they wouldn't let me carry on. So after supplying them with receipts for the gear they cop out and quote the Warsaw Conference and agree to sending me a check for less than half what the gear cost. You would think when dealing with someone who just booked 12 seats with them you would get some consideration. So far no such luck.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom