Diving in S. America

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I second Dr. Bill on Provedencia and San Andres (Colombia) Also Las Aves and Los Roques, Venezuela. I'd take a peek at political climate in Venezuela beforehand,

Regards,

Thanks for input on Brazil. My wife is from Rio. We are going to try and get back down there at the end of the year. I have been to Angra but before I started diving. Definitely going to do some diving if we get down there at end of year. Have not been in Rio since turn of millenium. Relatives want to know when we are coming.

San Andres and Providencia -specially Providencia- are some of the best places to go to. The people, the sea and the diving remind you of paradise. Also, English is widely spoken, specially in Providencia, in fact I think many people speak better english than spanish. I know there is a direct flight from Canada to San Andres, just in case you don't want to go through Bogota.

If you need any further information about Providencia, feel free to contact me thorugh here or at this address

amelia@punchstock.com

leiserom:
Thanks for input on Brazil. My wife is from Rio. We are going to try and get back down there at the end of the year. I have been to Angra but before I started diving. Definitely going to do some diving if we get down there at end of year. Have not been in Rio since turn of millenium. Relatives want to know when we are coming.

Just came back from a long weekend diving in Buzios near Rio.
Did 5 dives at Ancora Island and one at Gravata Island. Water was 23C, warmer than expected since we're coming into winter and vis was OK at 15m for this time of year. Lots of life, turtles, rays, Moray eels, stone fish, other tropical fish etc. Skipped the night dive due to sea conditions - wise decision - those hardy souls that went said it was a great dive but they all puked their guts out. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom