Diving in Punta Cana

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

charliem17

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hey guys,

any recommendations on which dive shop to go through for Punta Cana in the Dominican Republic?

Which hotel are you staying at? Sea Pro works out of the Occidental Grand, Dressel out of the Iberostar and so on. As far as I know there are no "Dive shops" but each hotel has a dive operator that generally runs all their other watersports as well.

I was there last January and dove with Sea Pro from the Occidental Grand and had a good time.

thanks, we are staying at the occidental...so I'll look into Sea Pro

When we were there the guy in charge of their dive operation was a really funny guy named "Mickey". He is a transplanted Serbian who loves a good conversation. Their best dive guide is Cesar. If you can get Cesar you will not be disappointed.

One more thing...if you can, do the trip to Catalina Island. It's about 90 minutes by bus then 30 minutes on the boat but you get to dive a really nice wall (over 100' deep) followed by a second dive on a very healthy reef with lots of fish (and some pretty big green morays).

thanks, we ended up diving with sea pro and did the trip to Catalina, although we went to Catalina with another dive shop and the dive was fantastic! Really nice drop into the wall at 100ft. 2nd dive along the reef was also great

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom