Diving in Punta Allen

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mermomma

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I noticed that someone asked about diving south of Tulum near/in Punta Allen. Not very many responses. I'm wondering if anyone has any new info. I wil only have a day or two at most and will be based south of Tulum. Should I just try and push to put in a one day dive on Cozumel at the beginnig of my trip? If so, any recomendations? Thanks!

I'm not that familiar with the area but I'm pretty sure there isn't much in the way of diving south of Tulum. I also don't think you will enjoy the diving in Akumal - but it will do in a pinch. If you are in the south I would suggest cenoting diving is your best bet. There are lots of dive options - I recommend Aquanauts in Puerto Adventuras (Dennis) but as I say there are lots of options. Dennis also does reef diving and will show you the best of what's in the area. I like to take the 'day trip' to Cozumel but it will take 'all day'. I stay in Playa and can walk to the ferry if I want - straight to bed after diving - so it's not a big deal for me. If you have to drive there, park, take the ferry, dive, take the ferry back, and drive home - it could be a long day. You might dive right out of Playa and save Coz for your next trip. If you do find something south that's worthwhile I'd like to hear about it when you get back. (If you go far enough south you can dive in Belize...Ha Ha)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom