Diving in Puerto Aventuras, Rivera maya info.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Any info on diving in the Puerto Aventuras
Rivera maya region will be helpful.
Staying at Dreams Puerto Aventuras resort
In April. Using Puerto Aventures dive shop
located at the Omni resort.
Th
Sandy

B

I assume you are using Dive Aventuras (that's the shop's actual name).

We have been diving in PA for over ten years, and have always used Dive Aventuras. They are a very professional and personable group, and all the dive guides are first rate. Their normal schedule is to come back to the marina after every dive (most of the good dive sites are within 5-10 minutes of the marina) for the surface interval.

Depending on you interests and skills, you might ask them about diving in the cenotes (we usually do two or three days in the ocean and a day in the cenotes).

On your off days, there are numerous other attractions, we recommend a day at Xcaret (Mayan-themed adventure park), and you might also enjoy the Mayan ruin at Tulum.

Please feel free to ask if you need anything more specific or PM me.

According to the resort's website, ProDive is the on site operator. I have been diving with them several times and found them to be quite competent and capable. They also do Cenotes diving as well as free Nitrox. And, it might be more convenient.

Dive Aventuras is the shop at the Omni. They are fantastic, best dive op I have ever been to. I have been back a number of times, and will be again this summer. The owner, Nils, really cares about his customers. The guides are also the best I have met. Do the cenotes, it is definitely worth the experience
I suggest visiting the ruins at Tulum. Chichen Itza is a long full day trip, and a pretty cool site. Unfortunately the place is crowded with pushy people trying to sell stuff.
I have stayed at Catalonia. It is a decent, family friendly resort with a very nice beach.
You will have fun in PA, and could not pick a better dive op.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom