Diving in Port St. Joe! Any suggestions?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hombre

Reaction score
We will be in Port St. Joe at the beginning of July. Looking to dive. Any suggestions about location and charter, water temps, warnings, etc...

Thanks in advance! :06:

several years ago I dove with Captain Black and went out to the Mica ..... a British ship that was sank by a U Boat in WW2 ..... had a great dive and would do it again

You should definitely dive the Empire Mica now, or what's left of her, as she's almost completely collapsed and will be nothing but a pile of rubble in the near future.
Rick

Thanks guys, I appreciate all of your help. I think Captain Black is now Daly's Dock...them and Seahorse Water Safaris are the only two charters that I can find..and they're a tad expensive. Any word on either iof them?

We'll actually be camping in the St. Joseph's Pinensula State Park (cheapskates). We will probably make the journey to Panama City once or twice, but still figuring out the dive plan.

Is the Empire Mica still worth checking out?

What's vis usually like in that part of the gulf in the beginning of July?

Rick Murchison:
You should definitely dive the Empire Mica now, or what's left of her, as she's almost completely collapsed and will be nothing but a pile of rubble in the near future.
Rick

hombre:
Is the Empire Mica still worth checking out?
I must have stuttered.
Yes.
But who knows for how long.
Vis is usually excellent on the Mica - but it is the Gulf, and you can only guarantee what you'll get after you have it.
Rick :)

I have gone out several times with Panama City Divers to different shipwrecks in the area ..... they were reasonable at the time .... visability can vary greatly in the Gulf ..... good day you can have 60 foot and on a bad day 1 or 2 feet ......

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom