diving in playa del carmen

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

michellet

Registered
Reaction score
Hi everyone.. leaving for playa del carmen in about two days and have been searching dive sites. We wanted to know if anyone had advice re: sites, companies, cenote diving etc. My boyfriend and I have 12 dives under our belt so we are still pretty new to diving. We have been diving in Maui, Belize, and Key West. Thanks in advance for any advice!!!!!

I don't know about diving in PdC, but the ferry will take you over to Cozumel in around an hour, and there's nothing _but_ good diving on Cozumel. If you want something different (and less drift-y), there's a private beach north of PdC called, erm. Maroma beach? There's pretty decent diving there, too.

In Playa del Carmen the "tortuga dive" is a good drift dive loaded with big, big turtles. You're also close to the cenote dives which are a must. Do those dives before ferrying over to Cozumel. Before you head to Cozumel check other forums here for reports on the condition of the reefs after last hurricane season.

I've heard the tortugas is a must! We'll probably dive the cenotes as well.. I want to make sure my bouyancy in on mark.. As long as that's okay... I'll dive the cenotes as well! Thanks for the info!

If your already staying at the Maya Bric, I would dive with Tank-Ha. They are actually connected. Tank-Ha does a great job and has good packages. You can leave your stuff there to dry and hang. Why drag your stuff around town when there is a dive op. in the hotel your staying?

Back
Top Bottom