Diving in Phuket

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MB2013

Registered
Reaction score
Can anyone recommend a good dive operator in Phuket that does a package deal if you book up quite a few dives in 1 go. I want to dive all the good dive sites off phuket. Have got a similian liveaboard booked already so dont want to dive those sites.

Most op''s will give you a package deal for multiple days diving. Local Dive Team give 10% for 3 days & 15% for 4+

Everybody will give you a package, probably also the company you booked your liveaboard with. Why not enquire with them first?

Everybody will give you a package, probably also the company you booked your liveaboard with. Why not enquire with them first?

I would have contacted the company I have booked the liveaboard with first but they only dive around the Similan Islands. I want to dive around Phuket first before I go to Khao Lak.

ao nang Krabi is a great place well. It has a bit of tourist set up with beach and shops but not the hard core party atmosphere of Phuket. I think they dive many or most of the same sites.

Last edited:
As I have my own dive center in Phuket, I might be a bit biased suggesting to who is "the best". That include most people who answered already.
There are several good dive centers and it can be a jungle to pick the best. While one dive center is good for one person, another dive center is good for another person.

Many dive centers will give you 10% discount on a 3 days dive packaged and 15% on a 5 days packaged. I said most, but not all. You might be able to negotiate another deal, but watch out just goinig for the cheapest.

The dive sites around Phuket include: Phi Phi islands, Hin Bida, Shark Point, Anemone Reef, King Cruiser Wreck, Koh Doc Mai, Racha Yai and Racha Noi. I often advice divers, to build more experience and knowledge if they book several day of diving, by enrolling in some specialty courses. It might take your diving to a new level and make the dive expereince much more interesting. The prices for these specialties are not that much extra, as you already have paid for the dives. This might be a way to get a good deal on several days of diving.

Enjoy your liveaboard and dive holiday in Phuket....

Another vote for Ao Nang Krabi much nicer part of thailand and you can do the same dives.

ao nang Krabi is a great place well. It has a bit of tourist set up with beach and shops but not the hard core party atmosphere of Phuket. I think they dive many or most of the same sites.
Yes, Ao Nang is nice.

But no, Phuket does not have a hard core party atmosphere, with the exception of Patong (and even there the hard core could be debated). But Phuket is much, much bigger and has much more to offer than just Patong.

Without a doubt! Ao Nang is a very beautiful and scenic area. The limestone rocks are very unique for this province of Thailand. If you are a bit into rock climbing - Ao Nang/Railey Beach is your destination.
A short distance away from Ao Nang, you'll have several small islands, which most dive centers in Ao Nang using. Koh See, Koh Haa and Koh Yawasam are very popular and recently some new wrecks have been added to create some artificial reefs. While the visibility most days are not fantastic, the diving is better than most dive sites around Racha Yai and locally on Phuket.

Phuket and Ao Nang sharing only Phi Phi islands, Shark Point, Anemone Reef and the King Cruiser Wreck. Specific for Ao Nang is daytrips to the local islands, Koh Haa and speedboats to Hin Daeng/Hin Muang. Special for Phuket are the Racha islands as well as Similan islands. This is scheduled trips and nothing about what can be arranged.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom