Diving in PDC ~ Staying at Iberostar Grand

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I did my O/W with Dressel Divers at Iberostar Quetzal in PDC. Had a fantastic time. The instructors & staff were Great!
If you happen by there tell Debra, Marta & Ben hello for me.

Have a great time!!

Steve

Is anyone staying at the Iberostar Complex in PDC (Grand, Maya, Beach, Del Mar or Lindo) and diving between December 6th and December 16th? I am going down and wondering if we can dive together?

George

I might be diving there on the 6th, but since you got ripped off on bottom time last year (from your other post) and I am an air hog, I'm not going to do it to you.

You also may want to post on this site, dedicated to Iberostar Resorts.

IBEROSTAR BOARD - IBEROSTAR RESORT REVIEWS, PHOTOS & RESTAURANT MENUS

I just got back from the Iberostar Grand and that hotel is awesome. I did not dive that trip because my experience has not been a great one after diving Cozumel so much so just stay dry and enjoy the hotel. It is a beautiful hotel and very 5 star. Let me mention lobster being grilled on the lunch buffet! The indoor pool and jacuzzi are nice in the winter if you come in cold...some warm water to take the chill off. Butler service is at the pool, the beach, and a phone call away.
Dont forget to tour the restrooms on the property...they are even a work of art! Oh and the artwork there is between Europe and Las Vegas! Good choice on the hotel. The dive shop is located at the Iberostar Beach ... it is a ways down so lugging gear wont be good. They can take you by golf cart to the lobby of the hotel at least. It is the farthest hotel from the Grand so its a walk down to the dive shop which is on the beach of course. Saw the boat and it looked good and it had quiet a few divers on it one day I was walking by, Have fun !

I just got back from the Iberostar Grand and that hotel is awesome. I did not dive that trip because my experience has not been a great one after diving Cozumel so much so just stay dry and enjoy the hotel. It is a beautiful hotel and very 5 star. Let me mention lobster being grilled on the lunch buffet! The indoor pool and jacuzzi are nice in the winter if you come in cold...some warm water to take the chill off. Butler service is at the pool, the beach, and a phone call away.
Dont forget to tour the restrooms on the property...they are even a work of art! Oh and the artwork there is between Europe and Las Vegas! Good choice on the hotel. The dive shop is located at the Iberostar Beach ... it is a ways down so lugging gear wont be good. They can take you by golf cart to the lobby of the hotel at least. It is the farthest hotel from the Grand so its a walk down to the dive shop which is on the beach of course. Saw the boat and it looked good and it had quiet a few divers on it one day I was walking by, Have fun !

Please explain what you mean "I did not dive that trip because my experience has not been a great one after diving Cozumel so much". I am leaving tomorrow and will diving with Dressel at the Iberostar Paraiso complex (staying at the Maya). Thanks.

I did not dive that trip because my experience has not been a great one after diving Cozumel

I felt that way once but found out I had chosen the wrong people to dive with. After diving with The Abyss in Playa I have changed my mind and next trip I want to try Jason at Fantasea, not that The Abyss did anything wrong, I just would like to dive with Jason after all the good talk about him.
Back on the question Playa has great dive sites and IMHO you will have a better time diving if you do not dive with Dressel Divers, I also usually stay at the Iberostar and have dove with them and I would rather use a off site shop with more personalized service. Have fun!!

Is anyone staying at the Iberostar Complex in PDC (Grand, Maya, Beach, Del Mar or Lindo) and diving between December 6th and December 16th? I am going down and wondering if we can dive together?

George

i'll be down in PA from the 7-17 and will be doing some dives with jason. probably see you there.

Having recently returned, overall I had good experiences with Dressel. The DM's (Marco and Jennie) were excellent, and the crew on the boat were good as well. I don't think the backup personnel (tank fillers, equipment loaners, etc.) were too great. If I were to return to Iberostar Paraiso, I would have no problem using them again.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom