Diving in Okanagan Lake (Kelowna area)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

vancouverdiver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
Hi there!
Periodically, I come up to Kelowna, and was hoping someone can help me with some intel on diving near Kelowna. I was wondering if you would recommend bringing my dive gear up there, or if you would say do your diving on the coast? (no offense intended!)

I see there are some dive sites, such as:
Old Ferry Docks, City Park, and Lakeview Heights Park.

However, I don't know anything about them. I appreciate lake diving won't have the life of ocean dive sites, but is there wrecks/man made stuff dive sites that is interesting to see near Kelowna? I am an avid diver from Vancouver and dive weekly. Which Okanagan dive sites would you recommend? Which has parking and reasonable access to the water? Anybody dive out of Diving Dynamics? Good place for fills? The DD shop would be convenient for me. And would anyone be willing to be a tour guide/dive buddy? I would happily reciprocate if you come to Vancouver. Thanks for the advice!

Safe diving!

I've been interested in okanogan lake dives for awhile, when I've stopped into the kelowna shop for info they were closed (not permanently, just that day, Sunday). I did some nice dives in Vernon at Ellison park. Nice little beach, some sunken things (boats, diving bell etc) and neat rocky topography. A nice fresh water dive. Glad I had my drysuit as the thermocline hit hard at about 30' to about 40 F. The dive shop there (inner space was helpful).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i'd be interested in knowing too. i spend some time in the Okanogan.

Check out Kelowna Divers on FB. They do fun dives on weekends and some evenings in the summer.

OOPS, I think I was thinking about the Okanagan Dive Club which is a group on FB.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom